You’re highly qualified and reliable. Now all you need is the right place to showcase your talent. Whether you’re looking for interim work or a full-time career in finance or accounting, check out this list of current opportunities from Hunter Hamilton.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Financial Analyst - Kansas City, MO
Kansas City company is growing! We are seeking a full-time experienced and professional Financial Analyst. This position will play a key role in the organization’s funding strategy and long-term financial security. The Financial Analyst will collaborate with the executive management team to analyze department finances and develop budgets that will keep the company’s costs down. This position reports directly to the Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Prepare monthly variance analysis and explanations each month for actuals vs. budget and actuals vs. forecast, identify, analyze and correct information as needed in order to present accurate information.
- Manage the financial forecast process by running and maintaining forecast models.
- Provide commentary and visibility into financial performance and key business drivers in order to provide business insights to internal customers and management.
- Forecast key performance indicators using historical and statistical methods.
- Develop and publish operating dashboards.
- Report consolidated financial statements and analysis to the management team.
- Responsible for coordination, evaluation, and continuous improvement of the budgeting, forecasting and management reporting process.
- Prepare business review presentations, the annual budget presentation and board support documents for internal and external publication.
- Manage/support ad-hoc reporting needs as requested from internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify risks and opportunities to management, recommend strategies to achieve company financial goals.
- Perform specialized financial and cost analysis, and prepare related reports.
- Foster permanent improvement of the internal and external reporting framework by performing ongoing analysis of processes and providing recommended solutions for business process issues.
- Analyze and understand research analyst reports and models and prepare comparisons to the Company’s projections.
- Assist in preparation of information for SEC filling, earnings release, and earnings calls.
- Perform comprehensive and in-depth company and industry research including peer benchmarking.
- Performing other duties as assigned
Skills and Education
- 2 years of experience in a financial or analytical role is preferred
- Background in financial modeling and business analysis with solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; majors in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field is preferred
- Candidates must be comfortable with constantly shifting priorities
- Hands-on / Roll up your sleeves approach, working with the team to produce high quality work products
- Meet all deadlines/deliverables; we are a fast-paced environment with strict timetables to ensure we complete all assigned work
- Strong and meticulous analytics and strategic thinking skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Kansas City, MO
United States of America
Legal/Compliance/Finance / Finance
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Financial Analyst
Location: Kansas City, MO
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 545287
Posted Date: 8/1/2019