You’re highly qualified and reliable. Now all you need is the right place to showcase your talent. Whether you’re looking for interim work or a full-time career in finance or accounting, check out this list of current opportunities from Hunter Hamilton.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Assistant Controller - Overland Park, KS
You will be responsible for direct supervision of all corporate accounting and financial functions. Additionally, your primary responsibilities include supervising the monthly close process; supervising accounts payable, payroll, and monthly financial reporting; assisting in monthly preparation of a forecast; assisting in the annual preparation of a budget; and assist in the preparation of annual audited financial statements and the annual tax return.
The Assistant Controller will be a key leader for the accounting operations of a rapidly growing company. In addition to accounting operations, you will be responsible for overseeing financial reporting, providing technical accounting expertise and development of a high performing accounting team. The Assistant Controller will play an integral role for process improvement, system implementations and optimizations, and standardizing internal control processes.
This candidate will need to be enthusiastic, hands-on and thrive in a fast-paced environment. The ability to understand the "big picture" and strategically develop systems, processes and procedures with strong internal controls will be a key part of the role.
This candidate is an experienced people manager and understands the team is the key to our success, which is why this candidate will have demonstrated effective prioritization, delegation and motivating a growing team in a highly dynamic environment, this candidate looks forward to bringing their talents to the organization!
- Direct and oversee day to day activities for general ledger accounting, accounts payable, tax, treasury and payroll with a focus on internal controls and standardizing processes.
- Management of the monthly and quarterly close process ensuring timeliness and accuracy of the financial results.
- Participate in the financial statement close process by preparing and/or reviewing journal entries, reconciliations or other analytics as requested.
- Evaluate and partner with various departments including (but not limited to) Enterprise Applications, HR, Legal, Revenue Accounting to design system enhancements, process changes, and other improvements in order to achieve scalability and support new business initiatives.
- Ensure transactions are recognized in accordance with relevant accounting standards and the Company's accounting policies.
- Create audit-ready memos for significant and non-standard accounting issues and coordinate with external auditors in connection with related audit procedures.
- Develop and maintain the Company's accounting policies, procedures and related documentation to include strong internal controls and ensure compliance with relevant accounting standards.
- Provide detailed analysis to support FP&A, senior management and other key stakeholders.
- Build an effective, deeply motivated and collaborative team focusing on the development and growth of our team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; Master’s degree or continuing coursework is preferred
- CPA or relevant certification
- 3+ years of managerial or direct supervisory experience
- 5+ years of qualified work experience based in public accounting preferred
- Proven ability to work individually and collaboratively within a team setting
- The desire to have fun with your work and to contribute to our unique company culture
- Process oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines
Overland Park, KS
United States of America
Legal/Compliance/Finance / Accounting
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Assistant Controller
Location: Overland Park, KS
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 545282
Posted Date: 8/1/2019