Make your next career move with Ware Technology Services. Whether you’re looking for project work or a full-time position, check out this list of engineering job opportunities.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Quality Engineer - Plymouth, MN
Ware is working with a small company in Plymouth that is looking for a Quality Engineer/Continuous Improvement Engineer to join their team. This position is for someone up for a challenge. Our client has little to no standard operating procedures written down and minimal quality systems in place. If you are up to the task, you will partner with the Director of Operations to create and write the SOP's, implement a quality system, and improve processes. Ideal person for this role will have an Engineering (or related) degree, knowledge/experience with quality improvements, be mechanically inclined, some knowledge/experience with medium-high voltage, and be personable.
You will be responsible for:
- Flow of all product from wiring and/or assembly into test, final assembly, labeling, packaging, and shipping
- Inspection/test of all manufactured product and the procedures that govern these inspections/tests
- Qualification and classification of all quality defects into the QRB (Quality Review Board) with objectives to improve the biggest offenders by mistake proofing processes and/or design to prevent or detect such failures
- Lead and facilitate teams to implement CI and quality-related improvements
- Champion the effort to build a company culture that will: Do it Right the First Time, Stop to fix problems, Root-cause problem solve, Build quality into our processing vs. inspecting it in
- Design, develop, and implement quality control training programs
- Manage, aggregate, and interpret process measures (efficiency and effectiveness) from all processes
- Utilize consensus building and data analysis techniques to characterize underlying root causes and solve systemic problems resulting in step change performance improvements
- Leas process improvement projects through the use of prescribed methodologies and tools
- Act as a change facilitator helping to drive the adoption of a continuous improvement culture
- B.S. in Engineering or equivalent experience/education combination
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems
- Experience with continuous improvement and learn techniques such as, but not limited to, Kalzen, TPS, Continuous Flow, Standardized Works, JIT, etc.
- Ability to manage the activities of other including training, guiding, developing, and managing
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Advanced Data analysis skills
- Excellent project management skills; well organized and thorough
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Good business planning, analytical, and conceptual skills to evaluate business problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Location: Plymouth, MN
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 348386
Posted Date: 11/28/2018