Make your next career move with Ware Technology Services. Whether you’re looking for project work or a full-time position, check out this list of engineering job opportunities.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Extrusion Engineer - PLYMOUTH, MN
Ware Technology Services is partnering with a local company in the NW suburbs to a fill an experienced Extrusion Engineering role. As a Senior Extrusion Engineer you provide engineering support and direction to Extrusion, Secondary Operations, Quality and Business Development in the evolution of new products and implementation of process improvements (cost reduction, quality improvement, reduce downtime, improve tooling & equipment, etc.).
- Lead new technology and capability expansion efforts.
- Extrusion and secondary operations process development, capacity expansion and improvement, support, and documentation.
- Tooling design, documentation, procurement, and qualification.
- Equipment specification, qualification, process/procedure development and on-going support.
- Quotation and customer support activities as required by Sales and Customer Service.
- Assists in the scheduling of production and prototype extrusion efforts.
- General support for all manufacturing and development activity.
- Develops procedures and trains supervisory, management, and operator personnel in new process as developed.
- Performs data mining and statistical analysis to recognize trends and drive continuous improvement of production processes.
- Troubleshooting equipment issues for extrusion and secondary operations.
- Exhibits safety awareness and safe work practices.
- Supervision of Associate Engineer(s) and Development Technicians.
- Administrative tasks associated with production related documentation.
- Perform other related duties as may be reasonably assigned in the course of business.
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Polymer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, or other related field preferred (or equivalent experience).
- 5-7 years (minimum) extrusion process engineering.
- Experience with of a wide variety of polymers (e.g. Pebax, Nylons, PE, PP, PU, PET, PEEK, TPR) in multi-lumen, profile, co-extrusion, vacuum (contact and non-contact), and substrate extrusion processes.
- Tooling design with 2-3 years minimum Solidworks CAD experience.
- Experience working in an ISO 13485 environment; two years’ minimum med-tech manufacturing or development experience.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with a “can do” attitude.
- Strong interpersonal, organization, and project management skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills – Word, Excel, Mini Tab, etc.
- Self-motivated, efficient, ability to work with little or no supervision, and committed to a team approach.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Extrusion Engineer
Location: PLYMOUTH, MN
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 324518
Posted Date: 5/14/2018