Make your next career move with Ware Technology Services. Whether you’re looking for project work or a full-time position, check out this list of engineering job opportunities.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Mechanical Engineer - EDEN PRAIRIE, MN
Ware has partnered with a medical device company in the SW suburbs. Looking for candidates to help improve new and current product designs.
The Mechanical Engineer will select technologies, methodologies and define requirements for individual projects. Responsibilities will include: research and analyze data such as experimental data, customer design proposals, specifications, and documentation; direct and coordinate actions from product conception through design transfer to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design, standards and customer specifications; resolve technical issues and problems; effectively communicate their work and status; and delegate work and leverage engineering technicians and designers.
- Apply principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Design medical products and confirms correctness using methodologies and tools such as FEA, GD&T, CFD, etc.
- Evaluate mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs.
- Lead and complete medical standard document deliverables.
- Identify and efficiently resolve technical problems and issues.
- Lead and communicate to a client for small scale programs.
- Research and analyze experimental data to understand design issues and set a direction for issue resolution.
- Prepare product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Delegate and set work direction for technicians and designers.
- Create test protocols and reports for verification testing
- Work with suppliers and manufacturing facilities to design for manufacturability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from accredited four- year college or university
- Minimum three years’ experience in new product development over full life cycle of products
- Direct experience with the product development process ranging from requirements development, prototyping, verification and product release is required
- Experience in medical device design or other regulated industries strongly preferred
- Must have demonstrated experience working on electromechanical systems
- Experience with IEC 60601-1 and with ISO 14971 Risk Management for Medical Devices preferred
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
EDEN PRAIRIE, MN
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Location: EDEN PRAIRIE, MN
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 321367
Posted Date: 4/14/2018