Make your next career move with Ware Technology Services. Whether you’re looking for project work or a full-time position, check out this list of engineering job opportunities.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Mechanical Design Engineer - Fridley, MN
Ware is working with a medical device company that is looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer for a 2 year contract. This is a great opportunity to utilize your design skills for new product development and improving legacy products. Here you will help drive product development, ensure products meet or exceed regulatory standards, and conduct analysis on critical design elements.
- Participate in design updates to existing products and development of new implantable medical devices, with responsibility for major subsystems, including but not limited to: implantable enclosures, electrical interconnections, drug pumping mechanisms, implantable drug reservoirs, and catheters.
- Determine design objectives.
- Work with Systems Engineers and other stakeholders in the generation and update of measurable and verifiable product specifications
- Work with manufacturing, materials engineering, electrical engineering, and other functions to optimize designs for performance, reliability, and manufacturability.
- Perform detailed design analysis on critical design elements. Participate, support or potentially lead corrective action teams to resolve quality issues.
- Ensure products and colleagues abide by quality and regulatory standards
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or Biomedical Engineering with a mechanical emphasis
- 6+ years of relevant job related engineering experience.
- Med device experience; Class III experience highly preferred
- Experience with design and analysis tools (Pro-E, FEA, MathCad, CFD)
- Knowledge of “Design For Lean Sigma” (DFLS) – e.g. VOC, Transfer Functions, etc.
- DFLS or DFSS Green or Black Belt certification
- Knowledge of anatomy/physiology is very helpful
- Experience interfacing with physician customers and therapy consultants is a plus
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.
Fridley, MN 55432
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID:258
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Fridley, MN 55432
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 303246
Posted Date: 10/11/2017