Make your next career move with Ware Technology Services. Whether you’re looking for project work or a full-time position, check out this list of engineering job opportunities.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Mechanical Design Engineer - Minneapolis, MN
Ware is working with an established medical device company in the north metro that is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer for a year long contract. You will be responsible for the design, development, testing, and production of both new and existing products.
- Develop and evaluate designs which meet defined product requirements and that are optimized for manufacturability, reliability, and overall cost.
- Verify the functionality of product design by developing design test methodology and specifications in order to ensure product designs meet applicable requirements.
- Create project plans, tasks and deliverables in order to manage own time to meet project deadlines.
- Handle troubleshooting and problem solving tasks related to assigned portion of design project.
- Document and support decisions using engineering analysis and data.
- Interface with vendors, manufacturing facilities and various internal groups to resolve design and manufacturability issues of new and existing products.
- Observe surgery and interface with customers/cardiac surgeons.
- Bachelor's in a relevant field (i.e.: Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, etc.)
- 2+ years of medical device engineering experience (relevant internships will be considered)
- Ability to work effectively within a multi-functional team environment
- Provide creative solutions to unstructured problems
- Familiar with the use of CAD systems (Pro/E, SolidWorks), FEA and DOE analysis
- Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques to contribute to completion of milestones associated with specific projects
- Master's in Mechanical Engineering or Biomed Engineering, or other related engineering discipline
- 2+ years of medical device engineering experience
- An understanding of clinical/technical applications of surgical products and human anatomy
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.
Minneapolis, MN 55428
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID:258
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Minneapolis, MN 55428
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 286830
Posted Date: 6/5/2017