Sr. Scrum Master - MINNEAPOLIS, MN
Senior Scrum Master
Partner effectively with stakeholders to ensure alignment of client's priorities and IT delivery, planning and executing on work and driving for results through both team members and stakeholders. Leverage technical/functional subject matter experts to maximize velocity for work completion. Carefully balance constraints to best suit the needs of the business and the enterprise. Ensure accountability, transparency, and regularity in status updates. Serve as a partner in the deployment of Agile methodology and processes throughout Information Technology.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Teach and act as Scrum master with a focus on guiding the teams towards improving the way they work. Reach out to the larger company network for impediment removal.
- Facilitate sprint planning, retrospectives and sprint demos. Facilitate effective coordination with other Scrum teams, project teams, and/or operational teams. - Consult with the Product Owner to validate priorities.
- Ensure cross-team coordination; facilitate getting the work done without, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Foster self-organization. Empower the team to make decisions and remove decision making barriers whenever possible. Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Manage and communicate relevant metrics to the team on progress against team objectives.
- Coach and mentor other scrum masters within our teams. Ensure methods used are consistent across teams
- Act as a project manager when necessary. Take responsibility for managing dependencies between our team and third parties or between our team and other scrum team
- Foster transparency and visibility and radiate information to strengthen the presence of our team within the Agile Community of Practice. Actively contribute to the company’s Agile and Lean Community. Share learnings within the team.
- Provide leadership to SCRUM teams that removes obstacles and results in the delivery of business value. Track progress and provide updates on any changes in strategy or priorities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical related field or equivalent work experience
- Certified Project Manager or similar industrial certification
- Certified Scrum Master or similar industrial certification
- Master’s degree in a related field
- 8 - 10 years of experience of large program/portfolio management and strategic planning; 5+ years combined project management / agile experience.
- Proven track record in project portfolio management and establishment of project methodology standards; very experienced with prioritization techniques.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and influence skills among all organizational levels; strong facilitation and executive communications skills.
- Strong ability to effectively manage and resolve conflicting priorities
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite with particular emphasis on Excel
- Understand basic fundamentals of iterative development
- Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise
- Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team; understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
- Financial Services industry experience
- Experience with PPM Software a plus
- PMP, Scrum Master, or Portfolio Management certifications strongly preferred
- Experience with agile methodology
- No direct personnel supervisory responsibility, however, supervises large complex project teams with cross-functional team members.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.