Technical Support Engineer II - EDEN PRAIRIE, MN
Technical Support Engineer II
Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55344
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. NO THIRD PARTY VENDORS OR C2C.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resolves IAM product questions and/or problems by telephone, e-mail, remote sessions, and/or in person. Most support is provided via telephone and e-mail.
- Maintain current knowledge of all product offerings and technical support procedures in order to provide accurate solutions to customers.
- Ability to answer Pre-Sales, Installation, and troubleshooting questions that would include attempting to reproduce the issue with a duplication of the customer environment. Troubleshooting includes wiring, configuration, configuration and firmware cards, reader operation, card questions/issues, download and installation of drivers and software, collecting logs and other items as necessary, and escalation of issues to level 3 and/or engineering as necessary to resolve customer issues.
- Evaluates all IAM products to understand functions and features to support customers and assist employees with product information.
- Provides feedback to engineering, operations and product management regarding product problems, enhancements, and customer requirements for new product features as requested.
- Maintains accurate records of customer contact information, summary of contact and problem resolution utilizing Salesforce CRM.
- Instructs and trains partners/end users on use of assigned IAM products.
- Provides updates, status, and completion information to supervisor, problem request tracking system, and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail, or in-person communication.
- Advise the sales force, customer and potential customers regarding the resolution of technical or engineering issues that affect the sales, installation and utilization of organization products and/or services.
- Assist with creation and maintenance of IAM technical support procedures.
- Administer Salesforce support portal to include, but not limited to, trouble-tickets, FAQs, documentation, Solutions and other content.
- Test product function, performance and operating characteristics for engineering & marketing to evaluate suitability for specific customer requirements.
- Promote accurate features, benefits, and value of products when helping customers, providing a positive solution to customer problems and providing proper guidance to help the customer select the right product to solve their business need.
- Provide Pre-Sales support as requested by the Sales & Business Development teams.
Required Knowledge / Experience:
- BA/BS degree in a technical subject, and/or 2-5 years of experience within an access control environment.
- Must have excellent telephone/interpersonal/communication skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Familiar with client and server operating systems, such as Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, Server 2003, 2008, and 2012, Linux, and Mac.
- Must be proficient MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, Visio and Power Point, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Windows and application logging.
- Should have a basic understanding of virtualization and use of VM Ware.
- Must have experience with operation and connectivity of networking devices (i.e. hubs/routers/modems/switches).
- Experience with Salesforce CRM a plus.
In addition, successful candidates will have the following profile:
- Experience working with the technologies within Smart, Banking and Magnetic Stripe cards.
- Ability to quickly engage in situations, assess alternative courses of action, anticipate issues and implement programs and tactics to drive effective change to customers
- Ability to quickly comprehend and make decisions by analyzing data and reviewing technical documentation
- Must possess excellent planning and organization capabilities.
- Must be able to work as a part of both internal and external (working with customer(s)) team.
- Will conduct and present themselves in a businesslike, professional manner and appearance at all times.
- Compliance to all relevant company policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems.
- Proficiency in MS Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language verbally and in writing.
- Basic to advanced understanding of Spanish is a plus.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% to Customer sites either solo or as a team, therefore must be able to obtain a valid driver’s license and personal credit card for traveling.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Minimal travel and fieldwork including international travel, therefore employee must possess or can acquire a valid Passport.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.