Allow us to put you in front of some of the area’s top employers. Check out this list of current administrative and light industrial jobs, including temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct-hire opportunities.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
The Pro Staff Mobile App
Finding your next job just got easier! Introducing the new Pro Staff mobile app available free from the App Store or on Google Play.
Now you can take your job search on the go. Find local jobs, get directions and quickly and easily apply — all from your mobile device!
Instrument Fitter - Houston, TX
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reads shop notes, general arrangement and process flow diagrams and drawings.
- Reads measuring devices such as tape measures, rulers and pressure gauges.
- Mounts and installs end devices such as pumps, switches, transmitters, regulators and level controllers.
- Runs tubing lines according to drawings, specifications, shop notes and other project documentation.
- Performs pneumatic and mechanical tests on assembled components.
- Disassembles components to replace defective parts or to prepare them for shipping.
- Operates a variety of portable hand, electric and air powered tools such as tubing benders, torque wrenches, combination wrenches, sockets, ratchets, band saw and grinders.
- Operates stationary tools such as large bore tubing benders, bench grinder, iron worker, drill press and chop saw.
- On occasion operates lifting equipment such as overhead cranes and jib cranes.
- Records serial numbers and other information as required in ITP (inspection test plan).
- Reports problems to line supervisor and actively participates in resolutions.
- Perform job duties in a safe manner and according to company safety procedures.
- Reports potential safety hazards to supervisor and actively participates in resolutions.
- Effectively follows oral and written instructions and communicates them to others as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all departments and workers.
- Actively participates in teaching and developing other employees.
- Actively participates in product development and improvements.
- Performs the above and other duties as required without supervision.
Required education or minimum level:
- High school education (GED)
- 3 - 4 years’ experience in compression related assembly or field environment.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read tape measures and rulers in increments of 1/16”
- Basic mathematic ability to add and subtract fractions, decimals and whole numbers.
- Must have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the assembly department.
- Must be familiar with Safety and OSHA requirements.
Mental Power: relies on instructions in terms of what and how work is to be done, as well as why it is done, within established policies and procedures.
Physical Power: Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves frequent lifting of materials and product up to 30 pounds. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, and safety work boots.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
United States of America
Light Industrial / LI - Manufacturing
Temp to Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Instrument Fitter
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Temp to Hire Position
Reference ID: 364044
Posted Date: 4/15/2019