Allow us to put you in front of some of the area’s top employers. Check out this list of current administrative and light industrial jobs, including temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct-hire opportunities.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
The Pro Staff Mobile App
Finding your next job just got easier! Introducing the new Pro Staff mobile app available free from the App Store or on Google Play.
Now you can take your job search on the go. Find local jobs, get directions and quickly and easily apply — all from your mobile device!
Shipping Tech - PLYMOUTH, MN
Pro Staff in Plymouth is hiring for a Shipping Tech for a company located in Plymouth. Must have prior shipping experience. This temp-to-hire position features hours of 6AM-2:30PM Monday through Friday, paying $17.84 per hour. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply now by stopping into our office in Plymouth, emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 763-785-5352 and referencing job ID: 335113.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform (general) shipping duties.
Support the shipment of goods produced and supplies needed and to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base.
Responsible to make arrangements for pick-up by the carrier specified on the customer’s purchase order which is conveyed to the shipping clerk by final inspection via the shipping instructions.
Must report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor (and/or QA).
Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times.
Required to forward a requisition for shipping materials to the Department Supervisor for approval.
Maintain the shipping and receiving area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
Assist with receiving/Inventory control
Ability to drive a forklift
Education and Experience:
• Minimum of a high school education or GED and 3-year of factory related experience in shipping.
• Required to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math.
• Must have EXPERIENCE IN USING Excel sheets
• Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to perform but not limited to the following tasks:
• Must be able to accurately and legibly fill out bills of lading and be familiar with various forms that are used and required by the major domestic freight carriers and forwarders.
• Must be capable of estimating/calculate weight, and use that information to calculate the cost of shipping.
• Must be familiar with proper packaging methods and able to interpret visual aids used to convey specific packaging requirements.
• Must be familiar with the most common material handling equipment and be a licensed forklift truck operator.
• Experience with TRUCKING SCHEDULING FOR SHIPPING with major freight carriers, as well as online software is interaction is helpful.
• Experience with UPS/FEDEX online software is required.
Must have steel toe boots
Must have safety glasses (company does provide non-prescription pair for use)
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Ability to be on feet all day
Ability to meet pre-screening requirements
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Temp to Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Shipping Tech
Location: PLYMOUTH, MN
Job Type: Temp to Hire Position
Reference ID: 335113
Posted Date: 8/10/2018