Allow us to put you in front of some of the area’s top employers. Check out this list of current administrative and light industrial jobs, including temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct-hire opportunities.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
The Pro Staff Mobile App
Finding your next job just got easier! Introducing the new Pro Staff mobile app available free from the App Store or on Google Play.
Now you can take your job search on the go. Find local jobs, get directions and quickly and easily apply — all from your mobile device!
Production Buyer - HOUSTON, TX
- Negotiate annual agreements.
- Plan and monitor inventory levels.
- Follow established procedures, practices and policies.
- Exercise judgment and working knowledge of materials and sources of supply to make purchase at a price consistent with quality, quantity, and scheduling requirements
- Assure expedient procurement of required materials, parts and components by monitoring customer purchase orders and inventory activities as related to Toshiba's needs. Attention must be paid to items that have special requirements or are general stocking (warehouse) items. Monitor and expedite (if required) the expected and actual shipping dates of vendors.
- Monitor, expedite and report on purchase orders issued for material procurement, including supplier promised and actual shipment dates as required to fulfill customer requirements.
- Create Request For Quotations (RFQ's), submit to qualified suppliers, receive and evaluate proposals and make recommendations based on evaluation.
- Provide necessary support information for other company departmental activities and responsibilities as required.
- Monitor supplier performance and recommend remedial action if required.
- Locate new supplier alternatives and assist in their certification.
- Assist in special projects as required.
TRAVEL: Limited as needed
- Able to represent Toshiba's high ethical standards to vendors and the public
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Requires sound judgment with solid decision-making skills
- Ability to understand technical descriptions, specifications and procedures
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products and ERP systems
- Oracle experience is preferred
- Procurement of mechanical and/or electrical materials and services in the maintenance and service of turbine generator sets within the electrical utility industry, or heavy equipment industry preferred
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Production Buyer
Location: HOUSTON, TX
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 318962
Posted Date: 3/13/2018