You’re highly qualified and reliable. Now all you need is the right place to showcase your talent. Whether you’re looking for interim work or a full-time career in finance or accounting, check out this list of current opportunities from Hunter Hamilton.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Senior Accountant - Kansas City, MO
- Review, analyze and prepare monthly journal entries for month-end close related to general corporate accounting processes
- Analyze balance sheet and income statement account fluctuations and provide explanations for any significant or unusual changes in balances
- Prepare detailed account reconciliations, obtain corresponding support to verify accuracy of the financial numbers and resolve any reconciling items timely
- Coordinate across functional departments within the company to aide in analysis, research, adherence to GAAP accounting standards and compliance with SOX internal controls
- Researches, compiles and analyzes data related to special projects
- Solve a wide range of complex problems using professional concepts and company policies and procedures in imaginative and practical ways
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Works with the external auditors in conjunction with annual financial statement audits and quarterly reviews
- Ability to work in a fast pace and ever changing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required
- Master’s degree in accounting is preferred, but not required
- Licensed CPA is preferred, but not required
- 3+ years’ related accounting experience
- Big 4 experience preferred, but not required
- Experience with Oracle ERP System preferred or other enterprise level financial software systems required
- Strong problem solving, analytical, multi-tasking and organizational skills
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Kansas City, MO
United States of America
Legal/Compliance/Finance / Accounting
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Kansas City, MO
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 362792
Posted Date: 4/5/2019