You’re highly qualified and reliable. Now all you need is the right place to showcase your talent. Whether you’re looking for interim work or a full-time career in finance or accounting, check out this list of current opportunities from Hunter Hamilton.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Purchasing Assistant - Kansas City, MO
As a Purchasing Assistant you will be primarily involved in the tracking of purchase orders and communicating with our vendors to identify and resolve any issues as needed. In this role you will be working closely with the respective vendors and merchants to ensure orders are shipped successfully and in a timely manner. Purchase inventory and non-inventory items for resale. Secure vendors and obtain the best price quote for items purchased. Enter and maintain computer data regarding items purchased, blended, and inventoried. Assist Primary Purchaser with tasks, as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Purchase inventory and non-inventory items
- Reconciling inventory received with invoice/packing slip. Releasing invoice for payment once reconciled.
- Record the movement of inventory between main and secondary warehouses
- Arrange and follow up on Con Yeager pick-up of products by our delivery drivers
- Maintain paper files
- Material Safety Data Sheets
- Vendor invoices upon product receipt and payment
Computer entry and file maintenance
- Maintain paperwork upon the arrival of inventory
- Vendor data
- Product data and all supporting information; i.e. product details, allergens, costs, weight changes, blending formulations for new and revised products, etc.
- Record activity for blending and packaging data
- Vendor queries for Accounts Payable
- Scanning in receipts and supporting documentation
- Submit quote requests to various vendors
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access
- Requires minimum entry level experience in Purchasing
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to negotiate
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Kansas City, MO
United States of America
Call Center / Inbound Calls
Temp to Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Purchasing Assistant
Location: Kansas City, MO
Job Type: Temp to Hire Position
Reference ID: 362210
Posted Date: 4/3/2019