You’re highly qualified and reliable. Now all you need is the right place to showcase your talent. Whether you’re looking for interim work or a full-time career in finance or accounting, check out this list of current opportunities from Hunter Hamilton.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Junior Accountant - Overland Park, KS
We are looking for a focused, industrious Junior Accountant to join our growing team. As a Junior Accountant, you will provide vital support to the CFO to help streamline the company’s financial processes.
You will receive a competitive compensation and benefits package and the chance to work with passionate, like-minded people. We are ideally looking for someone with a few years of experience, but if you are a recent graduate with an eye for detail, a head for math, and a team-focused attitude, you could be an ideal match for this position.
Junior Accountant Responsibilities
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Assist in year-end audit and tax preparations
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit monthly reports, including month-end bank reconciliations
- Assist CFO in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings and other accounting projects
Junior Accountant Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA, or pursuing CPA
- 0-3 years of experience
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Overland Park, KS
United States of America
Legal/Compliance/Finance / Accounting
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Junior Accountant
Location: Overland Park, KS
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 359734
Posted Date: 3/15/2019