You’re highly qualified and reliable. Now all you need is the right place to showcase your talent. Whether you’re looking for interim work or a full-time career in finance or accounting, check out this list of current opportunities from Hunter Hamilton.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Accounting Manager - Overland Park, KS
Immediate opportunity for an Accounting Manager. This is an exciting role within a dynamic organization experiencing significant growth. The Accounting Manager will be a key business partner to our senior leadership team and your work will be deployed throughout our organization to drive improvements in business performance. We are looking for a self-starter who can own major financial processes, understand the big picture, and can influence the future direction of our organization.
As the Accounting Manager , you will interface with all levels of our organization, working alongside some highly talented business partners. You will have a high level of engagement with our Sales, Finance and Operations leadership, you will be eager to share your ideas, and you will be passionate about continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate will have experience reporting to corporate while at the same time taking a very analytical and hands on role within the Accounting Department.
- Overall management of AP/AR/Payroll and Collections
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Work with VP, Finance to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Responsible for cash flow forecasting and assisting with treasury management function.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Supervision of accounting staff, including hiring, training, coaching and reviewing performance.
- Assist in development and implementation of policies and procedures for accounting activities and functions.
- Analyze and interpret financial data to provide guidance to the organization on ways to improve financial performance.
- Collaborate with other departments to support overall company goals and objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required in accounting or finance.
- 5-7 years related accounting experience.
- 5+ years of management and leadership of a team experience required.
- CPA or equivalent preferred, but not required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Overland Park, KS
United States of America
Clinical/Scientific / Healthcare - Research
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Accounting Manager
Location: Overland Park, KS
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 354665
Posted Date: 1/31/2019