You’re highly qualified and reliable. Now all you need is the right place to showcase your talent. Whether you’re looking for interim work or a full-time career in finance or accounting, check out this list of current opportunities from Hunter Hamilton.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Senior Accountant - Kansas City, MO
We are looking to hire a highly competent, responsible, trustworthy, and detail oriented senior accountant with 3 to 5 years of increasing experience in a general accounting role. The ideal candidate will have strong working knowledge of GAAP, ability to work in both a team environment and individually, ability to meet deadlines and effective communication skills.
You will be responsible for preparing and analyzing financial records for a high-growth company in Kansas City who is expanding its finance department and is seeking a driven, talented corporate accountant to effectively interact with senior management, lenders and private equity investors.
- Prepare month end journal entries timely and accurately in accordance with US GAAP
- Responsible for month end account reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Responsible for calculating reserve balances (inventory, bad debt, returns) by analyzing transactions or monitoring trends
- Evaluate reserve and account methodologies and ensuring compliance with US GAAP
- Prepare financial statements and consolidation schedules to meet reporting requirements
- Provide financial analysis and documentation to monthly variances
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 3 to 5 years’ experience as an Accountant
- Experience in the preparation of bank reconciliations, journal entries, and month-end financial closings
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, as well as strong analytical and reporting skills
- CPA highly preferred
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Kansas City, MO
United States of America
Legal/Compliance/Finance / Accounting
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Kansas City, MO
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 348530
Posted Date: 11/29/2018