You’re highly qualified and reliable. Now all you need is the right place to showcase your talent. Whether you’re looking for interim work or a full-time career in finance or accounting, check out this list of current opportunities from Hunter Hamilton.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Accounting Associate, A/P and Procurement - Overland Park, KS
We are seeking a highly organized, motivated, and self-directed individual to fill the position of Accounting Associate, A/P and Procurement. This individual will play a key role in the Purchasing ,Inventory and Accounting process.
What You'll Do:
The Accounting Associate will be responsible for identifying the products that are to be purchased, communicating with suppliers, confirming all aspects of pricing, confirming all deliveries and maintaining an inventory control database. In addition, the Accounting Associate will play a critical role in the Finance team to assist in scaling our accounts payable and expense processes, systems and capabilities. This role will have the opportunity to make a company wide impact by ensuring the accuracy and integrity of invoice processing, expense reporting as well as bank/month-end close reconciliations and processing of high volume, domestic and international transactions in an accurate and efficient manner.
Here's a closer look at this key role:
- Process timely, complete, and accurate domestic/international vendor invoices through the execution of three-way match reconciliations.
- Coordinate departmental purchasing activities to ensure expenditures are approved, tracked, and recorded accurately in the company's financial systems.
- Review domestic/international credit card and employee expense reports for accuracy, GL categorization, event classification and compliance with the company's internal expense policies.
- Record domestic/international daily cash disbursement activity, identifying any irregular trends and assisting in the continuous improvement of the treasury management process.
- Prepare credit card and cash disbursement reconciliations for month-end close process and to ensure accuracy and appropriate GL categorization.
- Maintain accurate and detailed subledgers for related balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Drive towards process improvements and monitoring of internal controls around cash, AP and expense processes.
- Play a key role in month-end close, audit requests and ad hoc projects.
- Respond to general inquiries and inform sales people of delays and/or problems.
- Monitor inventory levels as products are issued, transferred between warehouse facilities or sold to the public using manual or computerized inventory systems.
- Compile inventory reports, recording the quantity, type and value of products on hand, using manual or computerized inventory systems.
- Perform inventory cycle counts, spot counts, and month end reconciliation process and research any variances.
- BA or BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- 0 - 2+ years of Accounting / Accounts Payable experience
- Experience with Netsuite or similar platforms preferred
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under deadlines and handle unexpected, time-sensitive requests; take ownership in a fast-growing business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to answer inquiries from vendors and employees across all departments
- Sharp attention to detail and accuracy, and a dedicated work-ethic
- Strong critical thinking skills, innovative spirit, and creativity to identify / solve problems. When you encounter an issue, you don't just solve the problem, you assist in the development of new processes / scalable solutions to prevent the issue in the future
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Overland Park, KS
United States of America
Legal/Compliance/Finance / Accounting
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Accounting Associate, A/P and Procurement
Location: Overland Park, KS
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 346447
Posted Date: 11/8/2018