You’re highly qualified and reliable. Now all you need is the right place to showcase your talent. Whether you’re looking for interim work or a full-time career in finance or accounting, check out this list of current opportunities from Hunter Hamilton.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Payroll Systems Manager - OVERLAND PARK, KS
We are seeking a Manager of Payroll Systems to execute payroll specific projects and to work with other teams to assess the payroll impact of new systems, processes, and policies. The successful candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of the payroll process and a deep understanding ERP payroll systems. The successful candidate will be responsible for being the Business Systems lead for payroll, executing to project plans, working on multiple projects simultaneously around payroll and compensation functionality, and partner with Business Systems and stakeholders to support the global strategy. Additionally, the ideal candidate must thrive in dynamic environments, be able to manage and work to bring clarity through ambiguity and complexity, and support multiple projects simultaneously.
You will translate software and service requirements into technical specifications and partner with software and service vendors/engineers to develop logical technical processes that are in line with the global system architecture and goals.
- Understanding of the payroll process
- Experience with global payroll requirements, calculations, and vendors.
- Expertise with identifying the impacts to global payroll systems.
- Balance multiple projects and services at once and drive high velocity change.
- Represent Business Systems with key stakeholders in a variety of other teams.
- Keep Business Systems team members informed about payroll initiatives and projects.
- Partner with functional leads on Finance, HR, and global teams to plan and execute tasks associated with payroll projects.
- Partner with business liaisons and technical teams to understand and define system integration goals and technical system integration requirements.
- Advocate for payroll projects and functionality to align with the strategic plan and goals.
- Deliver thorough, appropriate and timely communications.
- Participate in or lead system and user acceptance testing efforts.
- Build standards, processes, procedures, and guidelines for business liaisons and software developers.
- Assist business liaisons to evaluate cost-benefit and ROI analyses.
- Understand system interdependencies and collaborate with project teams accordingly
- Develop detailed system requirements, test plans, and training materials.
- Strong at problem solving and able to design solutions that meet a range of sometimes conflicting requirements.
- Able to build strong personal relationships and trust.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in accounting, finance, business administration, or a related field required.
10+ years of recent and verifiable professional level experience in one or more of the following fields: payroll, accounting, finance, or budgeting that included a minimum of five (5) years in a management capacity.
A self starter with a proactive attitude who seeks out opportunities for yourself and your team; strong work ethic.
Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
In-depth understanding of iterative software development methodologies and software development life cycle.
Strong Excel, Microsoft Project, and PowerPoint Skills.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
OVERLAND PARK, KS
United States of America
Online / Full App
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Payroll Systems Manager
Location: OVERLAND PARK, KS
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 344132
Posted Date: 10/22/2018