You’re highly qualified and reliable. Now all you need is the right place to showcase your talent. Whether you’re looking for interim work or a full-time career in finance or accounting, check out this list of current opportunities from Hunter Hamilton.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Medical Billing Specialist - Kansas City, MO
Immediate opportunity for a Medical Billing Specialist ! You will be responsible for posting medical charges, payments, journal entries to patient accounts in a timely and accurate manner and process insurance claim denials. You will work in a close team environment to meet daily, monthly and quarterly billing metrics. You will also be involved in verifying correct insurance filing information on behalf of the client and patient , verifying receipt of all patient registration data from clients and notifying clients of potential coding problems.
- Ensure all claims are submitted daily with a goal of zero errors
- Timely follow up on insurance claim status
- Reading and interpreting an EOB (Explanation of Benefits)
- Respond to inquiries by insurance companies
- Denial Management
- Meet with Billing Manager/Supervisor to discuss and resolve reimbursement issues or billing obstacles
- Any additional duties as requested by management
- 2+ years of recent Critical Access or Acute Care facility billing
- Medicare Billing Experience Required
- Computer skills
- Experience in CPT and ICD-10 coding
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Ability to communicate with various insurance payers
- Experience in filing claim appeals with insurance companies to ensure maximum reimbursement
- Responsible use of confidential information
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to multi-task
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Kansas City, MO
United States of America
Legal/Compliance/Finance / Accounting
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Medical Billing Specialist
Location: Kansas City, MO
Job Type: Open Position
Reference ID: 341617
Posted Date: 10/2/2018