You’re highly qualified and reliable. Now all you need is the right place to showcase your talent. Whether you’re looking for interim work or a full-time career in finance or accounting, check out this list of current opportunities from Hunter Hamilton.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Accounting Supervisor - Kansas City, KS
Immediate opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic professional to join our team as an Accounting Supervisor. This role will complement a talented and growing finance team that supports many diverse business units .
The Accounting Supervisor works closely with other business leaders and members of the finance team. This position will allow the individual to gain experience working in a finance department in a fast growing, consumer-centric company. This role will be involved in a variety of challenging and interesting projects supporting the growth of the organization. She/he will have a process improvement orientation, seeking to automate and simplify various business processes and to create capacity for expanded contributions.
• Manage a team of 10
• Conduct bi-weekly one-on-one meetings with direct reports
• Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff
• Recruit and train any new direct reports
• Reconcile and analyze balance sheet accounts each period to ensure accurate financial reporting; identify and correct any accounting errors
• Identify, record and post monthly adjusting journal entries
• Responsible for accounts receivable
• Responsible for maintaining monthly deferred revenue worksheets
• Review expense postings in general ledger and make necessary adjustments or accruals
• Verify expense variances to budget are within reason and research all significant variances
• Responsible for monthly standardized internal reporting including any ad hoc analysis
• Oversee the accounting operations including their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures
• Maintain and improve effective internal controls to safeguard company assets and resources, and to ensure their efficient use in the course of business.
• Support company financial planning, budgeting, and analysis as needed
• Drive accounting process improvements while eliminating rework and manual efforts
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
• 3+ years of Supervisory experience
• Knowledge of GAAP with solid accounting skills
• Superior Microsoft Excel and strong basic computer skills are required
• Excellent analytical and communication skills
• Experience in middle market and/or multi-unit consumer industries preferred
• Ability to direct oneself, keep focused on work, to identify work priorities and to meet deadlines with limited supervision
• Ability to operate within the boundaries of established procedures and systems, and to effectively work for change in systems when needed
• Ability to think creatively, deadline-driven and self-motivated contributor
• Hands-on work ethic with team members across functions and geographies
• High energy, high ownership of work product sand commitment to driving results
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Kansas City, KS
United States of America
Legal/Compliance/Finance / Accounting
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Accounting Supervisor
Location: Kansas City, KS
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 337573
Posted Date: 9/5/2018