You’re highly qualified and reliable. Now all you need is the right place to showcase your talent. Whether you’re looking for interim work or a full-time career in finance or accounting, check out this list of current opportunities from Hunter Hamilton.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Purchasing Agent - Kansas City, MO
- Maintain appropriate product quantities in multiple facilities
- Exercise business judgment regarding order frequency and allocation
- Ability to multi-task and react to changing priorities
- Ability to manage complex transactions
- Strong analytical/quantitative skills
- Place orders with suppliers or vendors and ensure documents are in order, with terms and conditions being clear.
- Perform data input functions including but not limited to purchase orders for all business units, new item set up, maintenance of existing item numbers, input and maintenance of bill of materials and routers, item costing and sell pricing.
- Review material requirement reports to determine inventory requirements.
- Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, ordering more materials when necessary.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests
- Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
- Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Review requisition orders in order to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
- Locate suppliers, using sources such as catalogs and the internet, and interview them to gather information about products to be ordered.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a Purchasing environment.
- Experience in a manufacturing/distribution environment is required, preferably in a related industry
- Bachelor’s degree in purchasing or business or equivalent experience.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive while recognizing and supporting the organization’s preferences and priorities.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with diverse personalities and individuals of all levels within and outside the organization.
- High energy level, comfortable handling multiple tasks in conjunction with day to day activities.
- Good reasoning abilities, sound judgment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Resourceful and well organized.
- Analytical capabilities including data analysis related to quote analysis and benchmarking.
- Ability to manage difficult suppliers and resolve disputes while preserving relationships with suppliers and internal staff.
- Problem solving ability in cross functional and multicultural environment.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Kansas City, MO
United States of America
Legal/Compliance/Finance / Accounting
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Purchasing Agent
Location: Kansas City, MO
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 337039
Posted Date: 8/27/2018