You’re highly qualified and reliable. Now all you need is the right place to showcase your talent. Whether you’re looking for interim work or a full-time career in finance or accounting, check out this list of current opportunities from Hunter Hamilton.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Patient Accounts Specialist - Kansas City, MO
Immediate opportunity for a Patient Accounts Specialist responsible for the posting, billing, and collection of patient accounts receivable from third party payers and guarantors. This position is responsible for verification of insurance benefits for potential incoming clients to determine financial feasibility for treatment as well as responsible for the posting, billing, and collection of patient accounts receivable from third party payers and guarantors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enter all billable services into the billing software and produce claims to providers in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Reviews insurance payments to identify payment discrepancies with managed care contract terms.
- Post and resolve payment discrepancies with third party payers and clients.
- Responsible for all collection activity from third party payers.
- Accurately notates all accounts in the electronic billing software regarding every action taken or contact made.
- Reviews all correspondence received from third party payers.
- Responds to and resolves issues communicated in the correspondence and notates the patient account appropriately.
- Prepares adjustment and refund requests as necessary.
- Submits request to management for approval and posting.
- One to three (1-3) years of current experience in medical collecting receivables for self-pay, private insurance, and government programs required.
- 2 years recent experience in medical billing and collections organization.
- Knowledge of healthcare carriers and payer requirements.
- Associate’s degree in Healthcare or a related field.
- Working knowledge of Managed Care contract language and interpretation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Kansas City, MO
United States of America
Legal/Compliance/Finance / Accounting
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Patient Accounts Specialist
Location: Kansas City, MO
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 334417
Posted Date: 8/6/2018