You’re highly qualified and reliable. Now all you need is the right place to showcase your talent. Whether you’re looking for interim work or a full-time career in finance or accounting, check out this list of current opportunities from Hunter Hamilton.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Staff Accountant - Overland Park, KS
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for assisting with the preparation of monthly internal financial statements and reporting, assisting in the month end close process, prepare and post journal entries, reconcile balance sheet accounts and provide detailed analyses and explanations of transactions. The position also supports operational analysis through development and review of cost accounting data including standard costing, work-in-process review and analysis and manufacturing variance analysis. This position also supports development of budgets and forecasts for the division and will partner with multiple cross functional team members both at corporate and the respective business unit to develop and achieve operational objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs financial, general and cost accounting functions for the division in accordance with GAAP and Corporate policies
- Assists in the monthly financial closing program including journal entry preparation, various account reconciliations (including, but not limited to inventory, prepaid assets and accrued expenses), and variance analysis within prescribed timelines
- Assists the Controller in preparing the division’s monthly financial statements and reporting
- Assists in maintaining the division’s system of accounts and ensures adequate support and documentation for all company transactions.
- Ensures proper inventory valuation and maintains controls over all physical inventory including cycle counting, cost analysis and physical inventory counts
- Assists in the review and analysis of standard costs including materials, labor and overhead rates and utilizes internal and external data to establish accurate costing
- Interacts and provides support to other functional areas of the business to help achieve departmental goals
- Assist in the review of the operating results in terms of profitability and performance against plan/prior year to ensure accuracy and identify opportunities
- Strong technical and analytical skill with solid financial, general and cost accounting background in a manufacturing and distribution environment
- Experience with standard cost systems and integrated financial software
- Ability to draw upon experience/professional skepticism to quickly identify issues and develop effective courses of action
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Composes documents that clearly present information or a plan
- Participate in cross-functional teams working collaboratively with engineering, manufacturing, packaging, materials management, and/or planning
- Willingness to work across all levels of an organization
- Ability to work across cultures
- Able to manage conflict
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or BA in Accounting or related discipline with equivalent work experience
- 2-4+ years finance, accounting or related work experience required
- Experience in a manufacturing/cost accounting environment required
- Previous experience with accounting software/systems required
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Overland Park, KS
United States of America
Legal/Compliance/Finance / Accounting
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Location: Overland Park, KS
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 331455
Posted Date: 7/11/2018