You’re highly qualified and reliable. Now all you need is the right place to showcase your talent. Whether you’re looking for interim work or a full-time career in finance or accounting, check out this list of current opportunities from Hunter Hamilton.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Controller - Overland Park, KS
An exciting leadership opportunity now exists to join our client located in Kansas City, MO. ! Due to growth, the organization is searching for a dynamic, hard-working and driven Controller to manage operations. This is an excellent career opportunity for someone with seasoned accounting experience.
This job will require the qualified candidate to demonstrate leadership in managing the accounting function, creating a positive work culture, and providing support to help achieve individual and company goals. The Controller works under the direction of the President and must have excellent listening and interpersonal skills. This is a hands-on role, ensuring the accounting duties are handled at all levels within the company.
Position Duties / Essential Job Functions:
- Establish and maintain policies, procedures and practices relating to the management of all accounting related functions including cost accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit policies, billing, general ledger, and fixed asset accounting.
- Assist in planning and establishing economic goals and objectives for the company.
- Prepare reports, which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income and expenses based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Prepare departmental and company-wide budget; monitor compliance throughout the year.
- Determine depreciation rates of assets and advise management on operational adjustments due to tax revisions.
- Prepare financial statements, corporate income tax returns, and other reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Arrange for audits of company's accounts.
- Prepare reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Establish relationships with banks and other financial institutions.
- Make daily bank deposits.
- Maintain cash balance.
- Approve invoices for further processing.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; CPA preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience in a mid-level accounting position.
- Extensive MS Office knowledge; computer software and internet proficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyze, and interpret common financial reports and legal documents and to respond to common inquiries or complaints from regulatory agencies.
Personal Attributes Required:
- Excellent verbal and written communication and strong presentation skills
- Establish and meet goals
- Extremely well organized
- Maintain high level of self-motivation and a positive approach to manage a team with common and individual goals
- Ability to communicate in a professional & courteous manner
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Overland Park, KS
United States of America
Legal/Compliance/Finance / Accounting
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Controller
Location: Overland Park, KS
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 327673
Posted Date: 6/6/2018