You’re highly qualified and reliable. Now all you need is the right place to showcase your talent. Whether you’re looking for interim work or a full-time career in finance or accounting, check out this list of current opportunities from Hunter Hamilton.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Cost Accountant - Kansas City, MO
Kansas City, MO. company is currently seeking a Cost Accountant to join their Finance and Accounting team. The Cost Accountant will be responsible for coordinating monthly cost accounting activities and supporting general ledger functions. To be successful in the role, the Cost Accountant will be highly organized, detail and deadline oriented, team focused and exhibiting positivity, while possessing the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
As a Cost Accountant you will plan, analyze, and communicates the cost detail of the plant’s manufacturing operations through detailed reports of efficiencies related to the plant’s production and other key financial information for management review. Coordinates and conduct cycle counts and annual physical counts within the plant and guiding the cost analysis process.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Accounting or Finance Degree preferred)
Exposure to a manufacturing related business or client
5+ years of strong experience in standard costing, material, labor and overhead variance analysis
Demonstrated experience with ERP systems software and advanced Excel experience
• Perform cost accounting activities, including valuation of inventory, analysis of manufacturing overhead variances, and creation of manufacturing product costs
• Calculate standards rates for parts, labor and overhead
• Serve as lead project manager on a standard-to-actual costing transition plan
• Perform daily reconciliation of purchase price variance on materials received, adjusting unit costs as required
• Work with customer service to develop after-market parts sales quotes
• Review costs and margins of spare parts and updates as needed
• Gather cost information for other Finance team members and their associated requirements (i.e. cost information for new and ongoing engine programs)
• Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts
• Investigate cycle counting variances and resolves issues
• Assist with monthly, quarterly and yearly closing, including the preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and financial statements
• Prepare monthly reporting comparing actual to budget for assigned accounts
• Recommend continuous improvement and lean initiatives to be implemented in the Finance area
• Other duties and special projects, as assigned
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Kansas City, MO
United States of America
Legal/Compliance/Finance / Accounting
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Cost Accountant
Location: Kansas City, MO
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 327671
Posted Date: 6/6/2018