You’re highly qualified and reliable. Now all you need is the right place to showcase your talent. Whether you’re looking for interim work or a full-time career in finance or accounting, check out this list of current opportunities from Hunter Hamilton.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Payroll Garnishment Specialist - Kansas City, MO
Seeking a highly motivated, self-driven, organized payroll and accounting specialist to join our rapidly growing organization. The ideal candidate will be proficient in processing payroll, with multiple jurisdictions, and experienced in processing general accounting transactions and reconciliations. The Payroll Garnishment Specialist is responsible for processing payroll garnishments including child support, tax levies, student loans, bankruptcies, creditor garnishments, and lump sum payment in a high-volume, fast-paced environment. This includes but is not limited to receiving, interpreting and data entry of payroll garnishments for biweekly and monthly payrolls.
• Reviews garnishment language to determine the scope, jurisdiction, applicability and timeframe of the garnishment and ensure correct and timely processing.
• Records all garnishment orders and subsequent details into payroll system (PeopleSoft).
• Maintains garnishment rules in payroll system including research and testing to determine proper withholding from employee wages according to state rules and garnishment type.
• Ensures garnishment related remittances including ACH (Automated Clearing House) files and excel spreadsheets are created, approved and transmitted timely to the bank or Accounts Payable for processing.
• Prepares garnishment remittance general ledger entries or corrections in accordance with monthly reporting schedules.
• Conducts research, analyzes, and provides resolution to garnishment related audits/inquiries from both internal and external sources.
• Provides accurate information in a timely and concise manner to courts, attorneys, agencies, and employees.
• Processes and remits payment for assigned general deductions in accordance with Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA).
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
• Advanced knowledge U.S. garnishment regulations.
• Demonstrates high level of accuracy to mitigate risk, liability and exposure to claims of noncompliance garnishment laws.
• Intermediate Excel skills to include use of pivots and VLOOKUP’s.
• Working knowledge of payroll processing and operations.
• Working knowledge of basic accounting concepts.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must demonstrate strong analytical and logical reasoning skills for problem solving.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Capable of working under pressure of deadlines and able to handle a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment, and must be able to prioritize multiple competing tasks.
Experience & Education
• Associate’s degree in Accounting or related discipline preferred.
• Four (4) years of previous garnishment processing experience, preferably high volume payroll.
• PeopleSoft experience preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Kansas City, MO
United States of America
Legal/Compliance/Finance / Finance
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Payroll Garnishment Specialist
Location: Kansas City, MO
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 327669
Posted Date: 6/6/2018