You’re highly qualified and reliable. Now all you need is the right place to showcase your talent. Whether you’re looking for interim work or a full-time career in finance or accounting, check out this list of current opportunities from Hunter Hamilton.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Collection Specialist - Kansas City, MO
If you are skilled at customer service and love to help people find solutions, this may be a great fit for you! You'll be helping our customers while working in a fun team environment. You'll leave at the end of the day feeling like you made a difference. As a finance team member, you'll be contacting loan customers to remind them about late or missed payments, getting the facts about the reasons for delinquency and helping customers bring their accounts current by negotiating payment arrangements.
We offer the respected history of a great brand and excellent benefits. The team receives extensive training with an emphasis on compliance, and negotiating and selling skills to ensure collection routines are consistent and based on industry best practices.
• Contact customers to determine reason for payment delinquency and negotiate payment commitment
• Handle accounts with speed and accuracy while maintaining professionalism
• Complete phone calls to meet required performance standards and metrics
• Confirm and/or negotiate payment arrangements; research any discrepancies
• Maintain established objectives for delinquency, repossessions and net losses; stay informed of changes in policies and procedures
• Must maintain strict confidentiality
• Willing to work flexible schedules, weekends and holidays, and overtime as necessary to meet business needs
• Uses computerized system for tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting.
• Respond to customer inquiries via telephone.
• Evaluate accounts to find a win/win solution to avoid repossession loss.
• Document all accounts accurately, clearly and concisely noting reason for hardship and potential repossession loss.
• Responds with accurate information pertinent to the caller's questions using professionalism and integrity.
• Adhere to all state and federal laws in the handling of accounts.
• HS diploma or equivalent required
• Prior experience in financial services or similar industry preferred. Associate's degree or Bachelor's degree in business or related may be used as a proxy for the experience
• Excellent listening, oral - written communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Professional phone etiquette
• Skip tracing skills preferred
• Good follow up skills
• Persuasive negotiation skills
• Microsoft Windows and Internet-based applications experience required
• Basic typing/data entry skills
• Strong ability to identify potential loss situations and make appropriate recommendations to mitigate loss.
• Ability to multi-task
Performance Measurements may include:
• Maintain key performance metrics at required levels
• Maintain delinquency and repossessions at prescribed levels
• Complete phone calls to meet required metric standards
• Ability to make appropriate decisions related to moving forward with repossession of vehicle and acceptable payment arrangements
• Strong knowledge of all requirements for repossessions, contract extensions, and contract rewrites
• Ability to make recommendations to management on unique collections cases
• Ability to skip trace an account
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Kansas City, MO
United States of America
Legal/Compliance/Finance / Accounting
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Collection Specialist
Location: Kansas City, MO
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 320872
Posted Date: 4/2/2018