You’re highly qualified and reliable. Now all you need is the right place to showcase your talent. Whether you’re looking for interim work or a full-time career in finance or accounting, check out this list of current opportunities from Hunter Hamilton.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Accounts Payable Specialist - Overland Park, KS
One of our top clients is currently looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist to join their growing team. This immediate, contract position offers a casual work environment and competitive salary. You will handle general full-cycle accounts payable functions. Our ideal Accounts Payable Specialist candidate would be a self-starter with a positive, “can-do” attitude and who thrives in a high-volume environment. If this sounds like a great match for you, be sure to apply today! MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review all invoices and seek approval prior to processing, determine appropriate accounting treatment and properly code invoices in accounting system
• Manage company travel & expense program on Concur, prepare batches in accounting system for reimbursement.
• Manage corporate credit card portfolio including reconciling expenses in credit card statements to expense reports.
• Provide authorization for the issuance of purchase orders based on Board approved budgets. Work closely with various departments to accurately reflect price, schedule, terms & conditions negotiated in purchase agreements, evaluate contracts for accuracy and track project costs against approved budgets.
• Evaluate alternate bids and research prospective suppliers.
• Serve as a point of contact for all vendor related issues on purchase orders, billing discrepancies, supporting documentation, etc.
• Organize and analyze data, perform budget vs. actual analysis and prepare reports and summary information and trends.
• Prepare batches in accounting system of accounts payable invoices, obtain signature for checks and distribute checks accordingly.
• Responsible for preparation & issuance of 1099s.
• Reconcile vendor’s statements, research and correct discrepancies such as duplicates etc.
• Maintain AP files and documentation thoroughly and accurately in accordance with accounting practices.
• Provide supporting documentation for audits.
• Prepare account reconciliations and close accounts payable subledger on a monthly basis.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in business, finance, or accounting.
• 3-5 years of accounts payable experience.
• Knowledge of general accounting procedures.
• Experience with Concur a plus.
• Experience managing a corporate credit card program.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Overland Park, KS
United States of America
Legal/Compliance/Finance / Accounting
Temp to Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Location: Overland Park, KS
Job Type: Temp to Hire Position
Reference ID: 320870
Posted Date: 4/2/2018