You’re highly qualified and reliable. Now all you need is the right place to showcase your talent. Whether you’re looking for interim work or a full-time career in finance or accounting, check out this list of current opportunities from Hunter Hamilton.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Refund Specialist - Overland Park, KS
We are looking to hire a full time, experienced, Refund Specialist. The Refund Specialist will process applicable refunds to patients and insurance companies. This individual will review explanation of benefits and contact insurance carriers for additional information when needed. In addition, the Refund Specialist will answer patient questions regarding the refund and billing processes, as well as respond to inquiries from insurance companies when necessary.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Determine whether applied payments should be refunded by researching patient accounts for all requested refunds or credit balances within 60 days of credit appearing on Aged Trial Report
• Gather information from insurance carriers as needed to process requested refunds
• Review explanation of benefits to confirm how payments were applied to patient accounts
• Perform all necessary adjustments to patient account and enter adjustments for refunds as needed
• Complete Refund Packets on each credit and submit to management for approval
• Manage and assemble data and documents required for accurate billing/submission and or follow-up of claims
• Maintain documentation for all communications, adjustments and refunds for tracking purposes
• Communicate all questions and concerns promptly for resolution
• Must keep informed of all policies and procedures related to the refunds and audit processes and ensure adherence to all federal, state, and local regulatory billing guidelines as well as payer specific billing guidelines
• Provide insight into process changes
Successful Candidate Must Possess:
• High school diploma or GED required;
• A minimum of four (4) years of experience with collections and processing refunds in a healthcare setting preferred
• Knowledge of medical terminology, insurance billing and coordination of benefits
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Overland Park, KS
United States of America
Healthcare / Healthcare - Physician
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Refund Specialist
Location: Overland Park, KS
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 316600
Posted Date: 2/16/2018