You’re highly qualified and reliable. Now all you need is the right place to showcase your talent. Whether you’re looking for interim work or a full-time career in finance or accounting, check out this list of current opportunities from Hunter Hamilton.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Senior Accountant - Kansas City, MO
We are looking to hire a highly competent, responsible, trustworthy, and detail oriented senior accountant with 3 to 5 years of increasing experience in a general accounting role. You are expected to possess strong analytical and excellent time management skills complemented by your professionalism, clear understanding of the job, and ability to deliver high quality of work within strict deadlines.
You will be responsible for preparing and analyzing financial records for a high-growth company in Kansas City who is expanding its finance department and is seeking a driven, talented corporate accountant to effectively interact with senior management, lenders and private equity investors.
- Month end general ledger closing
- General ledger account reconciliations
- Prepare various state and municipal sales/use tax returns
- Post cash and help with disbursement processing when required
- Job costing and analysis
- Prepare financial reports and other general accounting duties as required
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets by branch and region
- Assist with both internal and external audits
- Ownership of issues until resolved which may require extended hours with little or no notice
- Act as backup for other duties in department as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 3 to 5 years’ experience as an Accountant
- Experience in the preparation of bank reconciliations, journal entries, and month-end financial closings
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, as well as strong analytical and reporting skills
- JD Edwards E1 experience preferred
- Hyperion experience a plus
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Kansas City, MO
United States of America
Legal/Compliance/Finance / Accounting
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Kansas City, MO
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 307459
Posted Date: 7/20/2018