You’re highly qualified and reliable. Now all you need is the right place to showcase your talent. Whether you’re looking for interim work or a full-time career in finance or accounting, check out this list of current opportunities from Hunter Hamilton.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Sales Tax Specialist - Kansas City, KS
Hunter Hamilton has a new position available for a Sales Tax Specialist within a fast paced accounting team. This is a great opportunity to begin your career in accounting while working for a an innovative company!
The Sales Tax Specialist applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepares financial reports by performing a variety of duties. Specific duties will include but will not be limited to the following: prepare, analyze, and pay sales tax, file returns, prepare sales tax entries, collect and review tax exempt documentation to ensure it follows local and state laws, maintain knowledge of financial accounting systems and reports.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares and Files Tax Returns and Reconciles Taxes Paid
- Submits forms and payments to the appropriate state and local governments
- Reconciles taxes paid to amounts collected at a property including reviewing tax exempt spreadsheets
- Receives Month-end Check-in reports
- Enters the month end revenue and tax exempt numbers into the sales tax spreadsheet.
- Review tax exempt supporting documentation
- Ensure documentation follows state and local laws.
Associate’s Degree in Accounting; and 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of applicable state and local tax regulations and guidelines as it relates to occupancy and sales/use taxes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.
Kansas City, KS 66106
United States of America
Legal/Compliance/Finance / Finance
Folder Group ID:116
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Sales Tax Specialist
Location: Kansas City, KS 66106
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 299303
Posted Date: 9/8/2017