You’re highly qualified and reliable. Now all you need is the right place to showcase your talent. Whether you’re looking for interim work or a full-time career in finance or accounting, check out this list of current opportunities from Hunter Hamilton.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Senior Accountant - Kansas City, MO
Are you a talented Sr. General Ledger Accountant looking for the next step in your career? Overall purpose of the role is to assist with the consolidation of the company’s worldwide financial reporting. Primarily, the position will ensure the financials as submitted by the subsidiaries are accurately reported in accordance with US GAAP & the Company’s Accounting Principles. Additionally, the position will provide a level of review and analysis of the Company’s subsidiary’s financials to be presented to executive management. Lastly, the position will provide accounting support and guidance to the Company’s subsidiaries to ensure proper accounting/reporting.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Required:
- World-wide consolidation of financial reporting to ensure the reported financial statements are accurate in accordance with US GAAP & the Company’s uniform accounting principles by reviewing the financials results as submitted monthly by individual countries/subsidiaries & partnering with the local subsidiary’s Finance Director and their accounting teams.
- Conducts monthly variance analysis for the assigned countries
- Assists in the completion of the monthly consolidation process
- Records/Posts top level journal entries where necessary and appropriate
- Performs routine monthly close procedures assigned by manager
- Presents assigned subsidiaries monthly & quarterly financial results to executive management
- Review of other team members monthly work papers
- Assures proper documentation of monthly data and analysis
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Identify risks & escalate issues noted to management in a timely manner
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements
- Review of internal & external executive level management reports and presentations to ensure accuracy and provide feedback/analysis as to variances from expected results
- Conduct accounting research and analysis in accordance with US GAAP to provide accounting guidance to executive management and the local subsidiaries/countries including writing accounting memo’s
- Establish & continually update/enhance the Company’s accounting policy as new accounting pronouncements are released/amended
- Fraud Detection testing through journal entry testing, onsite balance sheet reviews & substantive testing in addition to support of external and internal audit by providing reports, analysis and explanations as requested
- Additional duties as assigned
- Meets attendance and punctuality standards
Previous Work Experience:
• 4+ years previous work experience including 3+ years of Big 4 experience highly preferred!
• Preferred: Masters Degree in Accounting or Finance & CPA, CIA, or CFE license
• Required: Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
• Able to adjust readily to change and adapt as needed.
• Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
• Able to communicate clearly and convey necessary information.
• Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
• Able to create and conduct formal presentations.
• Able to execute instructions and to request clarification when needed.
• Able to exhibit ability to be sensitive to the needs, concerns, and feelings of others.
• Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.
Kansas City, MO 64112
United States of America
Legal/Compliance/Finance / Accounting
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID:171
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Kansas City, MO 64112
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 292007
Posted Date: 8/29/2017