You’re highly qualified and reliable. Now all you need is the right place to showcase your talent. Whether you’re looking for interim work or a full-time career in finance or accounting, check out this list of current opportunities from Hunter Hamilton.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Payroll Tax Analyst - OVERLAND PARK, KS
The Payroll Tax Analyst is responsible for the preparation and delivery of all federal, state and local payroll related tax payments. Assists in the day to day maintenance of the payroll tax function and under direction of senior analyst, interfaces with all division payroll centers to ensure compliance with legal guidelines. Assists in the reconciliation of all withholding tax general ledger accounts.
• Prepares and ensures timely remittance of all federal, state and local payroll taxes in accordance with applicable compliance schedule.
• Prepares state and local payroll tax returns for the corporation and its subsidiaries, reconciles tax returns, and assists with ensuring legal compliance.
• Collaborates with Accounting and Corporate Tax teams in the preparation of state and local tax audits.
• Interfaces with payroll centers to follow-up on inquiries regarding simple to moderately complex payroll tax related issues.
• Investigates and prepares responses to all payroll notices and inquiries from state and local government agencies.
• Uploads and processes files into payroll system, identifying and resolving reject items.
• Identifies, prepares, and reconciles all general ledger related payments in the Daily ACH Disbursement report.
• Prepares multiple worksite reports and other statistical data for various federal, state and local authorities on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Stays abreast of leading trends as well as maintains knowledge of and compliance with current laws, rules and regulations related to payroll taxes and their impact on the organization; communicates changes through interfacing with corporate/divisional payroll centers and field offices.
• May recommend enhancements to processes, policies, procedures and best practices.
• Performs some administrative functions such as mail sorting, filing, and report distribution.
• Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum of two (2) years of tax accounting experience is required. Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field is highly desirable.
• Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously while meeting assigned deadlines.
• Ability to perform accurately in a detail oriented environment.
• Ability to function effectively with or as part of a team.
• Ability to identify complex problems, analyze information and develop and/or recommend solutions.
• Ability to develop, improve and/or streamline processes to meet established goals and objectives.
• Knowledge of and the ability to interpret and apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Knowledge of and the ability to interpret and apply payroll tax-related federal, state and local laws, ordinances, rules and regulations.
• Knowledge of and the ability to utilize financial reporting and payroll tax accounting systems and tools, such as PeopleSoft/Oracle.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.
OVERLAND PARK, KS 66211
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID:257
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Payroll Tax Analyst
Location: OVERLAND PARK, KS 66211
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 291412
Posted Date: 7/7/2017