You’re highly qualified and reliable. Now all you need is the right place to showcase your talent. Whether you’re looking for interim work or a full-time career in finance or accounting, check out this list of current opportunities from Hunter Hamilton.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Payroll Specialist - ST PAUL, MN
Hunter Hamilton has a great new Payroll Specialist opportunity available in St. Paul, MN! If you are looking to join the thriving team of an industry leader, this role is for you! This position will report to a payroll manager and will manage payroll transactions in a high volume, multi-state, multi-union, multi-company environment. This is a direct hire, permanent opportunity!
- Ensure payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Manage the cross functional human resources activities related to payroll (leave of absence, benefits, time tracking audits etc.)
- Assist employees with payroll-related questions or concerns in a professional manner
- Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws
- Assist with audit payroll of tax filings
- Assist with the processing of wage attachments
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with employees, managers and co-workers to promote a quality service image
- Regular attendance and timeliness
- Perform other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
- Associate degree and a minimum of 3 years’ payroll processing experience, multi-state experience preferred
- Experience with an in-house payroll processing system, Workday experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of union agreements
- Basic knowledge of timekeeping systems
- Basic knowledge of garnishments, child support, Federal and State levies, etc.
- Basic knowledge of payroll taxes
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Adept at handling sensitive and confidential situations
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail & critical thinker
- Strong computer skills, advanced Excel skills a plus
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.
ST PAUL, MN 55114
United States of America
Human Resources/Training / Human Resources
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID:71
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Payroll Specialist
Location: ST PAUL, MN 55114
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 288896
Posted Date: 6/15/2017