You’re highly qualified and reliable. Now all you need is the right place to showcase your talent. Whether you’re looking for interim work or a full-time career in finance or accounting, check out this list of current opportunities from Hunter Hamilton.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Accountant - Overland Park, KS
Are you a problem solver ? Can you manage multiple deadlines ? If you have a strong initiative to identify opportunities for improvement, this job is for you! The Staff Accountant will be responsible for all daily data entries, monthly accounting reconciliations, producing and distributing monthly financial/ budget variance reports, maintaining internal controls and procedures, as well as assisting with the annual financial audit. You will play an integral part in establishing and implementing financial processes, ensuring monthly financial statements are available to management within a reasonable time frame, and helping the company maintain accurate and up-to-date accounting information.
• Actively participate in the month-end close process, prepare journal entries, balance sheet and income statement reconciliations and analysis.
• Prepare journal entries for recurring expenses, accruals, prepayments, allocated expenses, and/or other adjusting entries.
• Timely and accurate processing of accounting transactions in accordance with GAAP and internal controls
• Collaborate with other cross-functional departments to ensure timeliness of data
• Reconcile general ledger accounts on a monthly basis including prepaid expenses, accruals, and other assets & liabilities
• Proactively identify, develop, and implement process improvements, documenting procedures to achieve efficiencies and scalability
• Pick up ad-hoc requests and projects to aid the development of Company controls
• Assist with monthly and quarterly revenue analysis and project schedules
• Work with Controller to help analyze and document balance sheet and income statement variances
• Assist in external audit including the year-end audit process.
• Help establish and maintain policies and procedures
• Perform functions such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll
• Collaborate with management to understand budget implications and implement planning strategy for accounting issues
Required Skills & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (required)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including complex formulas (required)
• General understanding of GAAP (preferred)
• 1-3 years of accounting experience, construction-related (preferred)
• Willing to research and resolve accounting issues
• Uncompromising attention to detail and commitment to quality and accuracy
• Proactive problem-solving and addressing issues in a professional and effective manner
• Taking pride in meeting deadlines and exceeding expectations on quality of output
• Ability to prioritize effectively and work well with colleagues across Company divisions
• Ability to break down complex issues and tailor communication style to a range of audiences, including non-accountants, and to clearly articulate ideas, solutions and conclusions to stakeholders.
• Strong organizational, and interpersonal skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.
Overland Park, KS 66211
United States of America
Legal/Compliance/Finance / Accounting
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID:172
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Overland Park, KS 66211
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 288744
Posted Date: 6/14/2017