You’re highly qualified and reliable. Now all you need is the right place to showcase your talent. Whether you’re looking for interim work or a full-time career in finance or accounting, check out this list of current opportunities from Hunter Hamilton.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Senior Accountant - MAPLE GROVE, MN
Hunter Hamilton has an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Accountant to work in Brooklyn Park, MN~ This role is responsible for ensuring the accounting policies are implemented and adhered to as required. The Senior Accountant role requires extensive knowledge of GAAP and superior analytical abilities. The Senior Accountant role offers an interesting variety of projects and ample opportunity for professional growth and development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs general ledger accounting including journal entries, account analysis and reconciliations
• Participates in the month, quarter, and year end close process
• Reconciles balance sheet accounts, researches and resolves reconciling items for inventory and intercompany accounts
• Assists with financial, vendor, and internal audits
• Reviews revenue and expenses
• Prepares financial statements
• Works with financial management to identify process and/or system improvement opportunities, recommends solutions and assists with implementation
• Ensures processes and procedures follow company policies
• Performs a critical role in the budgeting process
• Special projects as assigned.
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Bachelor degree in Accounting with 3+ years of progressive experience; CPA/CMA preferred
• Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Advanced MS Excel user, proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Outlook
• Experience compiling and reviewing P&L reporting
• Demonstrated ability to effectively interpret financial results and data
• Proven ability to establish and maintain relationships with levels of management
• Demonstrated decision making, critical thinking, and analytics skills
• Must possess strong attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Organized and able to manage time and multiple tasks wisely
• Takes initiative and is proactive in communicating issues/concerns
• Ability to work independently in a pro-active manner, or within a team environment
Hunter Hamilton Finance + Accounting offers contract, consulting and project engagements, in addition to executive and retained search opportunities, for proven professionals who specialize in financial reporting, analysis, general accounting, treasury, audit and tax. With a highly experienced sales and recruiting team focused on personalized service, our mission is to help established firms and new organizations connect with experienced finance and accounting professionals, allowing both to focus and excel within their core competencies. If you are looking for the right opportunity to showcase your talent, connect with Hunter Hamilton today!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.
MAPLE GROVE, MN 55369
United States of America
Legal/Compliance/Finance / Accounting
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID:171
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: MAPLE GROVE, MN 55369
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 286576
Posted Date: 6/9/2017