You’re highly qualified and reliable. Now all you need is the right place to showcase your talent. Whether you’re looking for interim work or a full-time career in finance or accounting, check out this list of current opportunities from Hunter Hamilton.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Cost Accountant - SAUK RAPIDS, MN
Hunter Hamilton has an immediate need for a Cost Accountant to work in the St. Cloud, MN area! This is a contract opportunity estimated to last 3-4 months and possibly longer. If you are an experienced Cost Accountant looking to leverage your skills on a consultative basis please APPLY NOW!
The cost accountant position is accountable for the ongoing analysis of margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities. The cost accountant must also construct and monitor those cost-effective data accumulation systems needed to provide an appropriate level of costing information to management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, work in process, finished goods inventory and labor.
- Analyzing data collected and recording results
- Assess the cost accounting system and make recommendations to improve product costing and reporting
- Review accuracy of labor and overhead rates in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles. Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, and manufacturing methods to determine effects on cost
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing average costs to actual production costs
- Develop standard procedures for reviewing product costs of a job as part of the monthly job close out process
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services
- Analyze and report on margins by product and division
- Maintaining Cost Accounting System
- Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger as it relates to inventor
- Analyzes and monitors cycle count program
- Minimum of 3 solid years of Cost Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting preferred
- Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principals.
- Computer Literate – Strong Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook and Word
- Experience with Epicor a plus
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards
Hunter Hamilton Finance + Accounting offers contract, consulting and project engagements, in addition to executive and retained search opportunities, for proven professionals who specialize in financial reporting, analysis, general accounting, treasury, audit and tax. With a highly experienced sales and recruiting team focused on personalized service, our mission is to help established firms and new organizations connect with experienced finance and accounting professionals, allowing both to focus and excel within their core competencies. If you are looking for the right opportunity to showcase your talent, connect with Hunter Hamilton today!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.
SAUK RAPIDS, MN 56379
United States of America
Legal/Compliance/Finance / Accounting
Folder Group ID:168
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Cost Accountant
Location: SAUK RAPIDS, MN 56379
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 285771
Posted Date: 7/25/2017