Make your next career move with Ware Technology Services. Whether you’re looking for project work or a full-time position, check out this list of engineering job opportunities.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Technical Writer - BLOOMINGTON, MN
Ware has partnered with an established company in the south metro that is looking for a Technical Writer that has used XML publication development. This is a contract role scheduled to last through the end of October and carries the possibility for extension. Qualified candidates will have 2+ years experience writing service manuals or technical equipment documentation, and have been in industries such as Automotive, Agriculture, Heavy Equipment or similar.
You will work on a small team to write quick reference guides and service manuals for our client's products, ensuring accuracy and easy to follow steps for the end users. You will work closely with Engineers and Technicians familiar with the products to create comprehensive material, including graphics and art derived from CAD drawings. You will also consult with other internal associates to ensure that content complies with publications standards and can be reused and translated along with other publications.
- BS/BA college degree or equivalent in Technical Communications; Automotive, Aviation, Agriculture or Heavy Equipment Engineering Technologies; Technical Education or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 2+ years Technical Writing experience in a similar capacity.
- Must be familiar with XML publication development with database publishing methodologies, on-line electronic media.
- Experience with Arbortext Epic Editor or similar application is highly preferred.
- Diagnostic, mechanical, electrical and hydraulic aptitude.
- Automotive, marine, aviation airframe, agriculture, or heavy equipment service and diagnostic experience preferred along with electronic diagnostic tool familiarity.
- Illustrating and graphics systems user proficiency with Corel Draw and or other current software in this area is required. Demonstrated proficiency with various graphic applications, Creo Illustrate, Adobe Illustrator, and PDF, is desirable.
- Strong organizational, communications, and interpersonal skills are required to:
- Must be able to read detail and assembly drawings and schematics.
- Must be a self-starter, thorough, accurate, and consistently be able to meet publication deadlines.
- Comfortable working on a small team or independently.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.
BLOOMINGTON, MN 55420
United States of America
Information Technology / IT - Support
Folder Group ID:119
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Technical Writer
Location: BLOOMINGTON, MN 55420
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 279896
Posted Date: 4/12/2017