Allow us to put you in front of some of the area’s top employers. Check out this list of current administrative and light industrial jobs, including temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct-hire opportunities.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Environmental, Health & Safety Specialist - RICHARDSON, TX
Atterro has an exciting opportunity for an Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Specialist at Samsung in Richardson!
The EHS manages, supervises, and coordinates the activities and operations of the Environmental, Health & Safety Program within Risk Management Security / Human Resources Department, to include identifying safety, and loss control issues involving Samsung property and liability claims. Coordinates assigned activities with other divisions, departments, and outside agencies; and provides highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Senior Director of Samsung Security.
Common Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Works in conjunction with the Risk Manager in participating in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for assigned programs
• Works in partnership with the Risk Manager to facilitate and coordinate the safety/security council meetings.
• Manages and coordinates all safety program activities; conducts safety inspections at all Samsung locations; responds to complaints of safety hazards; oversees and/or conducts safety training and committees. Files detailed reports of investigative findings to the Samsung Senior Director of Security
• Administers loss prevention programs and addresses problem areas for both workers’ compensation and general liability; monitors programs for compliance with existing and new laws; analyzes and reviews policies and programs and coordinates changes with Human Resources.
• Oversees administration of health and wellness training programs to minimize losses resulting from accidents and injuries; oversees and maintains database for related training needs.
• Oversees, reviews, and maintains all Incident Reports, investigating and analyzing incident reports and complaints involving work-related injuries and accidents; prepares reports noting hazards, violations, and accidents; recommends measures to prevent recurrence.
• Provides responsible staff assistance to the Senior Director of Security; conducts a variety of organizational studies, investigations, and operational studies; recommends modifications to Risk and Safety programs, policies, and procedures as appropriate.
• Attends and participates in professional group meetings; stays abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of Risk Management and Environmental, Health & Safety.
• Responds to and resolves difficult and sensitive citizen inquiries and complaints.
• Assist Risk Manager with develop, maintain, and implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and solutions; to include risk assessments, business impact analyses, strategy selection, and documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures.
• Assist Risk Manager with plan, conduct, and debrief regular mock-disaster exercises to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly. Act as a coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruption event.
• Manage plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT).
• Advises Risk Manager on safety compliance concerns and preventative actions.
• Plans and implements training for employees in work site safety practices.
• Maintains safety files and records
• Performs safety surveys and inspections, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventive measures where indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
• Conducts post-accident investigation and prepares report identifying possible accident causes and hazards for use by company personnel and senior management.
• Manage, set up and conducts training.
• Manage the development, evaluation and upgrading of safety programs.
• Manage and maintain Emergency Coordinator Program
• Prefer experience in Workers’ Compensation Claims, OSHA, MSHA, DOT and EPA regulatory requirements.
• Excellent Computer, communication and training skills
Background / Experience
• Bachelor’s degree with major course work in risk management, safety, business administration, public administration or related field; or Associates degree with at least 5 years directly related experience
• A minimum of five years of increasingly responsible risk management or safety experience.
• Must possess strong knowledge of operational characteristics, services and activities of a comprehensive risk management and safety program; principles and practices of program development and administration; strong knowledge of pertinent federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations; Strong communication and organizational skills; Solid interpersonal and supervisory abilities; Effective project management abilities.
Necessary Skills / Attributes
• Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels within the organization and have frequent external contacts.
• The ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple and simultaneous projects and assignments.
• Ability to read, interpret, and act on proper understanding of facilities equipment and operational documents based on corporate legal, sales, business applications, engineering plans, and management philosophy.
• Ability to communicate in writing, through emails and reports, or orally administrative, safety, and security matters to an audience that may include less technically oriented and trained listeners.
• Ability to lead and direct the activities of staff members in order to achieve personal and team goals and complete assignments within established time frames and specifications. The ability to develop tasks and work assignments, clearly define objectives, and give technical direction with applied knowledge of alternatives and decision-making experience to guide subordinates.
• Must be able to travel overnight at least 30-50% of the time.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined by management.
• Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
*Eligible for benefits and paid time off through Atterro.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.
RICHARDSON, TX 75082
United States of America
Human Resources/Training / Human Resources
Folder Group ID:263
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Environmental, Health & Safety Specialist
Location: RICHARDSON, TX 75082
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 285080
Posted Date: 5/19/2017