You’re highly qualified and reliable. Now all you need is the right place to showcase your talent. Whether you’re looking for interim work or a full-time career in finance or accounting, check out this list of current opportunities from Hunter Hamilton.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Controller - KANSAS CITY, MO
We are presently looking for a Controller to oversee the accounting processes as well as implement and suggest new processes and projects. This is a fantastic venture for someone who wants diversity in their role, to be a part of a team as well as implement and oversee many financial/accounting related projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manages the direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Accounting department staff. Provides leadership and coaching. Hires, trains and develops staff based on needs of the department.
• Safeguards assets and ensures accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments.
• Develops, improves, coordinates, and timely meets month-end Close calendar deadlines.
• Reviews and ensures timely completion of journal entries, general ledger and various account reconciliations.
• Assists in preparation or review of comparative reports of GAAP operating results and financial position and variance explanations.
• Assists in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures to financial management, and accounting.
• Participates in preparation of various financial statements and reports. Reviews financial statements for accuracy.
• Supports and participates in cost analyses, actual to budget analysis, and other variance reporting, as needed.
• Explores opportunities to reduce operating expenses.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• CPA certification achieved, minimum of 3 years within public accounting, Big 4 experience preferred
• At least 8-10 years, progressive work
• Extensive GAAP experience and knowledge
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work with all levels within the organization
• Excellent organizational, management, analytical, decision-making and research skills
• Self-motivated individual with the ability to meet project deliverables
• Consistent success at ensuring deadlines are met
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task accordingly in a fast paced environment is required
• Must be detailed-oriented, objective oriented, highly organized, and have strong project management skills
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.
KANSAS CITY, MO 64112
United States of America
Legal/Compliance/Finance / Accounting
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID:167
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Controller
Location: KANSAS CITY, MO 64112
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 284038
Posted Date: 5/15/2017