You’re highly qualified and reliable. Now all you need is the right place to showcase your talent. Whether you’re looking for interim work or a full-time career in finance or accounting, check out this list of current opportunities from Hunter Hamilton.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Payroll Specialist - KANSAS CITY, MO
An excellent career opportunity is currently available for a Senior Payroll Specialist with our client located in Kansas City, MO.
The Senior Payroll Specialist is responsible for payroll data entry activities and a high level of accuracy. This person needs to have a clear understanding of the business policies and procedures and employ a continuous improvement mindset to all activities and processes.
• Ensures all payroll and legislative deadlines are met across the payroll portfolio managing exceptions as necessary
• Work with the payroll vendor team to ensure smooth delivery of payroll
• Liaise with the ADP Payroll Delivery Team to transition processes
• Track performance and measure operations to ensure that payroll delivers on requirements
• Acts as primary point of escalation for the team and customers ensuring effective handling and resolution of issues
• Keep up to date with statutory, legislative, revenue impacts on the payroll environment and communicate to the team
• Lead process improvement projects to enable productivity and customer satisfaction gains
• Provides functional expertise and leads transition projects
• Establish internal business control teams, ensuring SOX compliance and payroll data quality assurance
• Drive various business / domain initiatives for successful implementation and execution
• Track metrics, perform root cause analysis, report to Leadership at regular intervals
• Provide coaching to team on payroll processes and performance metrics
• Serve as primary liaison between Payroll and Finance to resolve any issues and reconciliations.
• Process US Payroll requests, (direct deposits, Federal, state, local tax form, address change reports and garnishments) in accordance to Federal, state, legal, and site requirements
• Process US Payroll requests by indexing and imaging forms then matching requests between Systems
• Audit all payroll
• Follow-up on any past due requests or when escalating issues
• Perform error resolution process, by sending e-mails and retrieving responses
• Bachelor’s Degree required, ideally in HR or Business Administration or other related discipline
• Minimum 2 years experience in a data entry role or payroll position
• Experience with Microsoft Office, with a high level of experience with Excel
• Work experience with ADP Workforce Now, Kronos or similar systems tools
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize activities
• Strong customer service focus
• Attention to detail and confidentiality requirements a must
• Team building and development skills
• Excellent Analytical Skills
• Strong Communication skills
• Ability to deal effectively with customers
• Accuracy and speed in Data Entry and system matching
• Ability to be proactive in process improvements or problem resolution
• Flexibility is key
• Strong Organizational and time management skills to prioritize and plan tasks to meet deadlines
• Internal Controls Compliance
• Ability to identify issues and high skills in problem resolution
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.
KANSAS CITY, MO 64112
United States of America
Legal/Compliance/Finance / Accounting
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID:162
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Payroll Specialist
Location: KANSAS CITY, MO 64112
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 281476
Posted Date: 5/17/2017