You’re highly qualified and reliable. Now all you need is the right place to showcase your talent. Whether you’re looking for interim work or a full-time career in finance or accounting, check out this list of current opportunities from Hunter Hamilton.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Cost Accountant - Overland Park, KS
Bachelor Degree with a concentration in Accounting
• Minimum 2 years of experience in similar position in a manufacturing environment
• Automotive experience is a ++
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; exposure to computerized manufacturing accounting systems
• Self-starter with a high level of time management and organizational skills
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with attention to details
• Ability to work independently and/or in conjunction with other departments
• Tenacity to ensure inventory tasks are completed through all phases of the company
• Maintain standard cost information for purchased and manufactured parts.
• Prepare cost studies to develop overhead rates for the standard cost model and quoting.
• Review and verify cost changes to suppliers as necessary related to customer requirements.
• Monitor inventories productive and non-productive (MRO) for negatives, excess and obsolescence.
• Preparation of slow-moving inventory reporting and LCM analysis
• Work with materials and production departments to maintain and control material reject scrap procedure.
• Review and approve any inventory cycle count adjustments.
• Coordinate quarterly physical inventories, including inventory tag control, count entry, review of count differences and preparation of final reporting.
• Responsible for closing inventory module, monthly.
• Prepare monthly reports and analysis for all inventory, including raw, semi-finished, finished, MRO, and tooling.
• Track and monitor unbilled customer tooling inventory.
• Maintain customer tooling revenue and cost of goods sold.
• Tooling project tracking, reconciliation, report preparation/distribution and coordination of monthly meetings with Engineering
• Process Capital Assets expenditure requests ensuring corporate policies are adhered to
• Process all capital assets disposals and Divisional transfers
• Maintain the capital assets module of CMS and reconcile to the GL
• Maintain all capital assets binders and maintain monthly CIP schedules
• Assist asset physical inventory count process, asset tagging and variance analysis
• Completion of balance sheet schedules and reconciliation
• Completion of month end journal entries
• Assist preparation of year-end audit package
• Assist month-end and year-end closing procedures
• Prepare account analysis to support financial statement numbers as required
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Controller
• Abide by all company polices including, but not limited to the following; Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human resources policies
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.
Overland Park, KS 66211
United States of America
Legal/Compliance/Finance / Accounting
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID:168
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Cost Accountant
Location: Overland Park, KS 66211
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 279109
Posted Date: 4/4/2017