You’re highly qualified and reliable. Now all you need is the right place to showcase your talent. Whether you’re looking for interim work or a full-time career in finance or accounting, check out this list of current opportunities from Hunter Hamilton.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Controller - BURNSVILLE, MN
Hunter Hamilton is currently recruiting a professional Controller to join the team of a thriving manufacturing company in the south metro! If you are looking to join the leadership team of a rapidly growing organization this opportunity is for you! This multi-faceted role provides the ability to interact with all levels and departments of the organization allowing the right individual to contribute on a daily basis to the overall success of the organization.
As a Controller you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the accounting department including, but not limited to, general ledger, AR, AP, payroll, inventory and cost of goods sold, and financial reporting.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Providing day-to-day management and leadership for all accounting functions including general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and financial reporting
- Responsibility for the management and development of accounting staff
- Ensuring integrity of the General Ledger through timely and accurate recording of transactions and regular reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts
- Owning the cash management function including development of cash flow tools, monitoring collection of customer receivables, managing AP payments, and utilizing short-term financing options
- Managing inventory accounting and work closely with Director of Operations to monitor labor and overhead variances
- Developing regular and ad hoc reporting including the monthly management and departmental reporting package
- Leading the annual budgeting process, perform ongoing variance analysis, and initiate corrective action when needed
- Providing support to all departments by performing financial analysis and providing leadership on understanding how business decisions impact financial results
- Managing professional service relationships including accounting, bank, insurance and legal firms
- Maintaining proper financial controls company-wide including segregation of duties, ensuring compliance with GAAP accounting, and ongoing communication with all managers
- Developing finance and accounting team goals that are aligned with corporate goals
- 10+ years’ experience, including 4+ years in a manufacturing environment
- Previous supervisory experience; able to build effective teams and develop others
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work under pressure
- Highly organized; able to multitask, meet deadlines, and demonstrate attention to detail
- Strong emotional intelligence, demonstrates active listening and persuasion skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and lead others through change and new strategic initiatives
- Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point
- Experience with Global Shop helpful
Hunter Hamilton Finance + Accounting offers contract, consulting and project engagements, in addition to executive and retained search opportunities, for proven professionals who specialize in financial reporting, analysis, general accounting, treasury, audit and tax. With a highly experienced sales and recruiting team focused on personalized service, our mission is to help established firms and new organizations connect with experienced finance and accounting professionals, allowing both to focus and excel within their core competencies. If you are looking for the right opportunity to showcase your talent, connect with Hunter Hamilton today!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.
BURNSVILLE, MN 55337
United States of America
Legal/Compliance/Finance / Accounting
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID:167
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Controller
Location: BURNSVILLE, MN 55337
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 274905
Posted Date: 3/31/2017