You’re highly qualified and reliable. Now all you need is the right place to showcase your talent. Whether you’re looking for interim work or a full-time career in finance or accounting, check out this list of current opportunities from Hunter Hamilton.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
Staff Accountant - Overland Park, KS
Hunter Hamilton is conducting a search for a growing client in Overland Park, KS in need of a Staff Accountant. You will be an integral part of the Accounting team, dedicated to providing timely and accurate financial information for senior management.
As the Accountant, you will be responsible for maintaining all accounting and financial records in accordance with GAAP guidelines for multiple entities. You will assist with day-to-day, month end and year end operations in the accounting department, including budget support and analysis. You will be responsible for payroll, bank reconciliations, journal entries, inventory and cafe margin analysis. You are also responsible for month end close, weekly sales reporting, sales commission and additional reporting as needed. You must have a strong understanding of AP, AR and inventory and how they fit together. You must ensure integrity of accounting information by researching account issues and by establishing quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting. This position will report to the Corporate Controller.
Position Mission: Accurately process payroll, establish analytics reporting and inventory controls and correctly enter and reconcile accounting functions, for all entities, in a timely manner.
Expected Outcomes Include:
- Review and ensure accuracy of approved timesheets, track and deduct all garnishments and other special payroll deductions.
- Process payroll on time and correctly for all entities. Establish and maintain employee records to ensure that employee changes are entered correctly and done in a timely manner.
- Perform daily cash reconciliation and ensure cash flow spreadsheet is up to date.
- Calculate, research and report sales commission on a monthly basis. Ensure accuracy for payment.
- Administer and audit inventory on a monthly basis. Maintain standard costs of products.
- Maintain and reconcile company’s fixed asset system and make appropriate entries.
- Maintain general ledger, prepare, reconcile and analyze monthly entries to ensure accuracy. Reconcile intercompany accounts
- Analyze month end reports to ensure revenue and costs are correctly entered and in the correct accounts
- Produce margin analysis reports and analytical reports for all products and cafes.
- Oversee sales and use tax
- Handle all HR administrative tasks including benefits and onboarding
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.
Overland Park, KS 66211
United States of America
Legal/Compliance/Finance / Accounting
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID:172
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Location: Overland Park, KS 66211
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 258148
Posted Date: 4/7/2017