No need to get creative when it comes to finding your next job. Digital People is your secret weapon! Check out this list of freelance, contract-to-hire, and full-time career opportunities.
Don’t see something that matches your skills and experience? Connect with your local office and we’ll help you find the right fit.
UX Researcher - EDEN PRAIRIE, MN
Digital People is looking for a UX Researcher to work at an amazing client! In this direct hire role, you will be an integral team member who may lead or work independently and collaboratively through multiple project phases with experience designers, product owners, business partners, marketers, and end users. In addition, you will advocate for the end user throughout the product life-cycle by using the human-centered and participatory methods of "Design Thinking" to identify unmet member, team member, prospect, and organizational needs. Sound interesting? Then apply today and we will share many more details!
- Plan, conduct, and lead research initiatives. Employ a wide range of human-centered and participatory design research methods, from on-site observation and in-person interviews, to generative workshops, to evaluative usability studies, in order to surface people’s realities, uncover unspoken latent needs, gather feedback and reveal the “why” behind the “what”.
- Translate findings into experience principles and rich stories that can be used as a catalyst for exploring solutions, making strategic decisions and guiding a design process that leads to outcomes that are functional and emotionally meaningful.
- Work jointly with experience designers and business stakeholders, integrating design research with service design tools and methodologies to innovate, improve, and evolve end-to-end service experiences that span a multitude of physical-digital channels and touch-points.
- Develop tangible research-driven artifacts that inspire and communicate data as a human narrative (for example, multimedia presentations that use words, drawings, and stories to present complex human archetypes, needs, and patterns).
- Foster design empathy broadly among individuals, teams and the organization.
- Prioritize research projects; Ensure research goals are well defined and aligned with strategic objectives
- Identify and/or approve the appropriate research method for the situation at hand.
- Operate with a high degree of independent problem solving and judgment.
- Research methodology design
- User Interviews
- Contextual Inquiry/shadowing
- Stakeholder Interviews
- Facilitate meetings/brainstorming
- Competitive Analysis
- Feature/Function Benchmarking
- Heuristic Evaluation
- Metrics Analysis
- Journey Mapping
- Story Boarding
- Persona creation
- Minimum 3 years of experience scoping, conducting, and leading design research.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in a range of design research/participatory design methods.
- Expertise in transforming knowledge into actionable insights and guiding principles.
- Experience with end-to-end human centered design process (service design a plus).
- Strong communicator – able to interview and extract business goals versus prescribed solutions
- Evangelize and advocate experience design, user-centered design philosophy, and best practices to a variety of audiences
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly to a variety of audiences
- Excellent inter-personal skills with a strong ability to excel in a collaborative environment
- Solution oriented mindset with creative use of approaches. “No” is not in your vocabulary
- Able to work with teams to balance solution vs. budget, schedule, and tools
- Ability to independently manage a varied workload of projects with multiple priorities.
- Enthusiasm to learn new methodologies, and ability to do so quickly, on the job
- BA or MA Degree in design research or related discipline employing design research, such as psychology, anthropology, user experience, etc.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.
EDEN PRAIRIE, MN 55344
United States of America
Information Technology / IT - Software
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID:128
Apply for this Position
Job Title: UX Researcher
Location: EDEN PRAIRIE, MN 55344
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 268938
Posted Date: 1/20/2017